Hello there! Have you started your summer entertaining? Since finishing up the One Room Challenge we have been focusing on fixing up the outdoor areas of our home. Our patio overlooks a wooded backyard with a small brook that runs through it, and it is one of the things I fell in love with most when I was first looking at our home (I hope to have an outdoor home tour up for you soon). I’m sure you can imagine, we do a lot of outdoor entertaining.
One of my favorite things to make during the summer is my Mexican bruschetta recipe. Okay, I know that bruschetta is Italian, but salsa is made up of several of the same ingredients, and this is basically a chunky salsa. This Mexican-inspired version uses cilantro instead of basil, plus some jalapeno and corn, but it also tastes amazing served on top of some crostini just like it’s Italian cousin. I especially love making it over the summer because the corn is so sweet.
This recipe is so easy! There’s no cooking involved, other than toasting the crostini (or you could just buy them already toasted from the store), just chopping up some veggies.
Who can resist these pretty colors? They’re always gone within minutes after I set them out at a party!One of the things that make this recipe perfect for entertaining is that it's really nice to have something light and fresh to go along with the heavy food of your typical barbecue.Click To Tweet
We also love to serve it as a chunky salsa in a bowl with some chips! Either way is perfect for your Memorial Day or 4th of July get-togethers or any of your summer barbecues. One of the things that make it perfect for entertaining is that it’s really nice to have something light and fresh to go along with the heavy food of your typical barbecue.
I’m so excited for you to try this, and I hope you like it as much as I do! I can’t stop eating it whenever I make it!
- loaf of French bread cut in 1/4" slices or store bought crostini
- olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs. tomatoes, chopped
- corn kernels from 1 ear of corn, about 1 cup
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1-2 jalapeños, finely diced
- 1/4 cup Italian dressing
- Brush olive oil on the tops of French bread slices.
- Bake bread slices at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool off.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a medium bowl. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Spoon the bruschetta mixture onto the French bread slices or crostini.
- Taste a small bit of jalapeño to see how spicy it is before deciding how much to use.
- Frozen corn also works well with this recipe.
Like this recipe? Pin it for later!