Happy National S’mores Day, y’all! If you’ve read my recipe binder post you may remember how I lost one of my absolute favorite recipes when the blog that hosted it shut down! It’s one of the biggest reasons why I’ve started printing out all the amazing recipes I find on the internet. Well, I’ve tried about a million s’mores bars recipes since then with even more variations of them trying to replicate the recipe, and I’m so happy to say I’ve found a winner! DING, DING, DING!!! I’m so happy to have this back in my dessert rotation again!
Can you tell I love s’mores? Chocolate, marshmallow, graham crackers…mmm! This recipe has all the flavors of s’mores, but it’s in an easy to serve cookie bar. I’ve also added a fair amount of salt to the crust, which balances the sweetness nicely (if you like that salty/sweet combo, you can check out this salted chocolate chip cookie pie recipe or this delicious salted caramel butter bars recipe). Try it the next time you need a chocolate fix or are looking for a dessert to bring to a party. It’s especially great in the summer if you aren’t able to have a campfire at your next get-together.
Are s’mores a summer dessert staple around your home? I’d love to hear what you think if you try it!
- 18 graham crackers, 2 sleeves
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F/175 degrees C.
- Pulse the graham crackers in a food processor until they become fine crumbs. Add flour to the food processor and pulse a few times just until well mixed with the graham cracker crumbs.
- Use a stand mixer or hand held mixer on medium to cream the butter, sugar, and salt until light. Add egg and vanilla and beat for about a minute.
- Mix the graham cracker mixture into the butter mixture with a spatula.
- Reserve about 1 cup of the mixture for the topping.
- Grease a 9 x 13 glass dish and press the graham cracker mixture into the bottom with your fingers to make the crust.
- Spread the chocolate chips evenly on top of the crust and follow with the miniature marshmallows.
- Crumble the reserved graham cracker mixture on top of the marshmallows.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the marshmallows are lightly browned.
- Cool and slice into bars to serve.
Wanna try it? Pin it so you don’t forget it!