Looking for the ultimate snack recipe for your football watching party? This spicy Sriracha Chex mix recipe has just the right amount of heat! It is sure to be a game-day favorite.
Wow! It’s hard to believe, but the first month of the year is already over, and the Super Bowl is coming up this weekend! I absolutely love to munch on Chex mix while watching a big game, and I typically make two recipes, a traditional version and this kicked up a notch spicy Sriracha Chex mix version. The spicy version is always the first to go!
It’s The Perfect Football Tailgate Party Food
We live in Massachusetts, and the New England Patriots are playing in the Super Bowl again this year, so you can bet there will be lots of football parties in our area. Even though our family’s two favorite teams, the New Orleans Saints and the Greenbay Packers, aren’t playing this year, we still love to get together with friends to cheer on the game and watch some awesome commercials.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Click here to read our full disclosure policy.
How Is This Different From The Original Chex Mix?
Have you made Chex mix before? It’s easy to do and tastes so much better than the stuff you can buy in the stores. The key is baking it in the oven. I’ve tried the microwave versions, and they just don’t come out the same.
This spicy version has just the right amount of heat. It’s not too overpowering, and the Cajun seasoning gives it just an amazing flavor. I promise if you whip up a batch of this spicy Sriracha Chex mix it will be a game day favorite!
Once you’ve confirmed your email address, you will receive our weekly newsletter full of our latest posts, as well as content that is exclusive for A Home To Grow Old In subscribers. Plus, you’ll have access to our Resource Library that is full of FREE printables and SVG cut files.
What’s your favorite part of the Superbowl? Is it the game itself, the commercials, or the party food?
Looking for more party food recipes?
Tired of having to search for your internet recipes all over the place? Check out how to make a beautiful recipe binder with my free printables!
Tools for making this Spicy Sriracha Chex Mix Recipe:
- baking sheet: These large baking sheets get used on an almost daily basis in our house.
- large stainless steel mixing bowl: A recipe this large needs a really big bowl or you will have cereal flying all over as you mix.
- silicone spoonula: This spoon/spatula hybrid is perfect for mixing and scraping all the seasonings all the bowl. Check out all the pretty colors it comes in!
- 3 cups corn Chex cereal
- 3 cups rice Chex cereal
- 3 cups wheat Chex cereal
- 1 cup peanuts
- 2 cups bite-sized pretzels
- 2 cups garlic or regular bagel chips broken into pieces
- 2 sticks butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F/120 degrees C
- Combine the melted butter, Worcestershire sauce, Sriracha, seasoned salt, Cajun seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, and red pepper flakes in a bowl.
- Pour the butter seasoning mixture over the dry ingredients and stir well until it is evenly coated.
- Spread the Chex mix onto a large baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour, but stirring every 15 minutes. Allow the mix to cool on parchment paper on a countertop for 30 minutes before eating.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 400Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 40mgSodium 876mgCarbohydrates 45gFiber 5gSugar 5gProtein 8g
I need even more party food recipe ideas!
Ok, sometimes you need even more party food ideas. Whether you’re having guests over for the holidays, New Year’s Eve, a football watching party, or a movie night, I’ve found a few appetizer recipe roundups that have everything you could hope for and more! These 100 Super Bowl party food ideas have a little bit of something for everyone. And, if you need a little more condensed list, everything in this amazing collection of chicken wings, small bites, and dips looks delicious.