This meatloaf is so good that you won’t believe it’s made with lean ground turkey! Are you craving comfort food but need something that’s low fat? Then, this is the perfect recipe!
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Like many of us, I managed to put on a few pounds over the holidays. What’s worse is that almost 3 months later, not only have I not lost that weight, but I’ve added a few more. On top of my jeans feeling a little tight, I’ve been feeling a little sluggish, so I decided it’s time to shed the extra weight.
One of the worst things about a diet is feeling deprived of the foods you crave. I just won’t do it! I love taking some of my favorite recipes and finding ways to lighten them up, so I’m still eating the foods I normally would. I’d eat this turkey meatloaf recipe whether I was watching my calories or not. It’s the perfect recipe that the whole family will gobble up!
To lighten up this classic recipe, I used extra lean ground turkey instead of beef. I also added Italian turkey sausage to give it a little more flavor.
I recently bought this loaf pan, and the pan is by far the best I’ve ever had! This loaf pan has an insert that makes it super easy to take the meatloaf out of the pan and has room at the bottom to collect any fat or drippings. My meatloaf allows comes out perfectly when I use it!
Once you’ve confirmed your email address, you will receive our weekly newsletter full of our latest posts, as well as content that is exclusive for A Home To Grow Old In subscribers. Plus, you’ll have access to our Resource Library that is full of FREE printables and SVG cut files.
My whole family loves this recipe, and it’s hard to find something healthy that we all will eat. It’s also a fairly easy way to sneak in some veggies if you dice up some carrots or broccoli and toss them into the meat mixture. If you are looking for another healthy family recipe you should check out this easy roasted chicken!
What are your favorite family-friendly and healthy meals?
Easy and Healthy Turkey Meatloaf
- 1 lb. very lean ground turkey, 99% fat free
- 1/2 lb. Italian turkey sausage, removed from casings
- 1 cup finely diced onion
- 1 egg
- 1 cup skim or low-fat milk
- 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 T brown sugar
- 1 T Worcestershire sauce
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F/175 degrees C.
- Combine meats, onion, egg, milk, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Place meat mixture into a lightly greased 5x9 inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- While the meatloaf is baking, combine brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and ketchup in a small bowl.
- After 30 minutes, pour half of the ketchup mixture evenly over the meatloaf, and bake until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F/75 degrees C (about another 30 minutes).
- Allow meatloaf to sit for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Use the remaining ketchup mixture for additional topping or as a dipping sauce.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 375Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 123mgSodium 1273mgCarbohydrates 35gFiber 2gSugar 18gProtein 40g
Mary H says
This looks yummy! Since my hubby gave up red meat for Lent, I have been substituting ground turkey in some of our meals and was surprised that I did not even miss the hamburger! I am pinning this one to try too!