These amazing buttery lemon chicken thighs are a melt in your mouth recipe that is perfect in the crockpot, instant pot, or baked in the oven. Pair them with yummy seasoned veggies and you have dinner set!
Chicken is my favorite protein to cook and I am constantly finding new ways to use it, like this roasted chicken dish. It is so affordable and versatile, that you can make any great dinner with it.
Sometimes most times I just need a super simple dinner that is easy to whip up and these lemon chicken thighs are it!
I like meals that I can prep ahead, so when dinner rolls around during the week, I need to do very little. Especially nowadays, when I am trying to keep my older two boys busy while caring for an ever-moving toddler, I need simple meals. I prepare these lemon chicken thighs when I have the time, then freeze them. During the week, I can take them out to thaw, then put in my crockpot to slow cook. And bam, dinner is ready to go with very little effort from me!
Should you use chicken breasts or thighs?
Personally, I prefer chicken thighs. They are so forgiving when cooking them. When I prepare chicken for my children, I tend to overcook it, to make sure it is definitely at the right temperature. If you overcook chicken breasts, even just a little, I feel like they are too rubbery and dry. Moist, tender pieces of chicken are so much tastier!
However, due to all the liquid in this recipe and using the slow cooker, it will be less likely for chicken breasts to come out too dry and overdone. Therefore, if you prefer chicken breasts, then you can definitely use them.
HOW TO MAKE delicious buttery lemon chicken thighs
I love making this easy lemon chicken thighs recipe and my family approves. I usually serve it with rice and asparagus. The full recipe with ingredient quantities and directions are at the bottom of this post in the recipe box. Pin it for later!
Once you’ve confirmed your email address, you will receive our weekly newsletter full of our latest posts, as well as content that is exclusive for A Home To Grow Old In subscribers. Plus, you’ll have access to our Resource Library that is full of FREE printables and SVG cut files.
WHAT YOU NEED:
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Click here to read our full disclosure policy.
KITCHEN TOOLS NEEDED:
- Chicken thighs
- White wine
- Chicken stock
- Salt and pepper
1. Prepare the sauce.
What’s great about this recipe is that you don’t need to marinate the chicken. You just whisk together the sauce ingredients to top the chicken.
2. Add chicken thighs to slow cooker.
After you have trimmed the chicken to your liking, place them in the slow cooker.
3. Top with sauce mixture and butter.
Add the liquid mixture and the butter to the chicken.
4. Cook the chicken.
Times vary, but thoroughly cook the chicken until it is at the right temperature.
5. Serve and enjoy!
Drizzle chicken with lemon juice and serve. It’s that easy! I usually serve the chicken with some tasty in season vegetables. You can even try this delicious seasoned roasted vegetable recipe.
How do you bake lemon chicken thighs in the oven?
You don’t need a slow cooker to enjoy this buttery delicious meal. You can easily add the chicken thighs to a baking dish. Next, top with the garlic lemon mixture. Then, bake it in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 30 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 170 degrees.
How do you cook lemon chicken thighs in the instant pot?
It seems using an instant pot is all the rage right now. They are understandably popular right now with their quick cook times, making weeknight meals for a family super easy. Therefore, it is great to have a recipe that you can modify to cook in an instant pot. By modify, I mean you just need to add two additional cups of chicken stock. The liquid is needed for the pressure cooking of the chicken and any leftover is great to pour over your dish.
- Combine all the ingredients from the above list in a mixing bowl to coat the chicken.
- Add two cups of chicken stock to the instant pot.
- Put the trivet in your instant pot and place the chicken on top in a single layer. Pour the remaining liquid from the bowl into the pot.
- Seal the instant pot and set on high for 10 minutes.
- Once it is done, let it do a 5-minute release. When the pressure button is down, you can remove the chicken. Use the remaining liquid to top your prepared dish.
These amazing buttery lemon chicken thighs are so easy to prepare any of these three different ways. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do. Please share if you end up making it yourself!
Amazing Buttery Lemon Chicken Thighs
These amazing buttery lemon chicken thighs are a melt in your mouth recipe that are perfect in the crookpot, instant pot, or baked in the oven. Pair them with yummy seasoned veggies and you have dinner set!
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1. In a small bowl, combine the garlic, salt, pepper, lemon zest, white wine, and chicken stock. Whisk until combined well.
2. Add the chicken thighs to the slow cooker and pour mixture over them.
3. Cut the butter into cubes and scatter over the top.
4. Cook on low for 2 hours or until thermometer reads 170 degrees in the chicken.
5. Serve over rice or pasta with a veggie. Drizzle with lemon juice.
Directions for oven bake - Add all ingredients to a baking dish and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes or until the internal temperature of chicken reads 170 degrees.
Directions for instant pot:
1. Combine all the ingredients from the above list in a mixing bowl to coat the chicken.
2. Add two cups of chicken stock to the instant pot.
3. Put the trivet in your instant pot and place the chicken on top in a single layer. Pour the remaining liquid from the bowl into the pot.
4. Seal the instant pot and set on high for 10 minutes.
5. Once it is done, let it do a 5-minute release. When the pressure button is down, you can remove the chicken. Use the remaining liquid to top your prepared dish.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 296Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 195mgSodium 385mgCarbohydrates 1gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 37g
You may also enjoy these savory recipe ideas on A Home To Grow Old In:
Leave a Reply